Monday, June 22, 2009

New!






Hello All!!
I have been very busy this past week:) First off, I made my first diaper!!!! I bought this SUPER SWEET pattern from kidsinthegarden.com along with the fabrics I needed and I am pretty happy with the results! It's a pocket diaper (which are my personal favorite) made with PUL waterproof fabric and suedecloth. Then, I took the leftover PUL fabric and put together my first-ever wet bag! These bad boys are SO useful. Not only are they great for dirty diapers--they are perfect for wet bathing suits, muddy clothes, or even poolside snacks! Here's a great tutorial for those interested in making their own--http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2009/05/wet-bag-tutorial.html. Finally, this morning I whipped up a reusable snack bag (think fabric ziploc). This little bag was quite easy to make and I even put it to use just this afternoon:) We seem to fly through plastic bags in this house and I thought using these would cut down on our waste AND our grocery bills. Hey, every little bit counts, right?!

kristin

1 comment:

  1. If you click on Ashton's picture it zooms in - check out his back teeth. I'm hoping he was just eating something...ewe.

    Very nice post. And second that on the quality work! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete